Welcome to the mudboyuk.com community for muddy guys from around all over the world

Most of the members content is hidden from users who are not logged in.
Members have full access to the forums and to 1000's of images and videos,
there is no charge to join or use the members area. Members can also
access user profiles and send instant messages to other members.

If you are not already a member then creating an account is simple and
FREE. Below is a preview of some of the mudboyuk.com members content.
As a not logged in visitor you can preview just a few of 1000's of images, or read the forum

Cowley Hill - Chapeltown, Sheffield, UK

Came across a great location today. Saw a pretty churned up muddy verge as I was passing by and thought I'd check it out.
https://www.google.com/maps/@53.4558018,-1.4473864,266m/data=!3m1!1e3
Leaving the M1 at J35, take the exit  on the roundabout for Chapeltown and immediately on your left, there is a hard standing lay-by where you can park. 
Into the tree line on the left hand side, there is a wooded area that's clearly being used for 4x4 and trail bike offroading. Lots of deep water filled ruts, thick mud in places to get your boots stuck in - a mix of clay and decomposing vegetation. It's pretty hilly; there were a couple of slopes that were barely passable on foot as they were very steep (was really glad I'd tackled it with a pair of Thermos!). The only drawbacks of this location are that it might be quite a popular spot for offroad enthusiasts; I went at about dusk and it was deserted, though streetview has lots of cars parked there, so your mileage may vary. I'm not 100% sure whether the paths are official rights of way. The other drawback is that there isn't really anywhere to clean up; you're basically just off a motorway slip road and there's no running streams or ponds that I could find.
Overall though, a fun location, especially after a decent amount of rain. 

Advertisement

view counter